Thursday, August 9, 2012

HEBEGET


Calamity struck our country once again. This is one of the worsts ever! Considering it’s not even a typhoon. Habagat lang pero kinabog pa sina Ondoy at Sendong! It caused so many problems, stress, destructions and deaths in our country. And because of this Habagat, we had 4 days suspension of classes. This week was supposed to be our Midterm week pa naman but thankfully, PLM Officials moved the exam week next week. There are students who can’t focus on studying because they’re watching out for the flood or their house has been flooded already or they simply just don’t want to spend this time to study for their exams because helping out other people who are in need is what’s important at that moment.

Even in our case, it was so stressful already. Our house got flooded as well but it was only way below the knee though it was really frustrating how our house looked. Chaos. But I told myself, we had it better than the others. I really got scared when the rain just won’t stop and it fell so hard I cried a bit. I went to my room and pray and read the Bible and just trusted everything to Him. I really am thankful that today the flood has subsided on our house and on our street already. Nagpakita na rin si Mr. Sun and everything was back to normal. Hopefully, this would continue because I heard that there are still flooded areas elsewhere. Makaramdam na sana ‘tong Habagat na ‘to at umalis na siya sa Philippines!

But little by little, we’re learning to stand up again. Actually, even during the time of calamity, pinipilit naming tumayo at hindi nagpapadala sa agos. Yet again, the Filipinos had shown their capability to help one another even in times of distress. Walang mahirap, walang mayaman. Lahat nagtutulungan! Lahat nagdarasal para sa kapakanan nang bayan. And that’s one of the things that make me proud to be a Filipino.

My heart goes out to those who’ve lost their loved ones, their homes and their things. I’ll do my best in my own little way to help other victims recover. Also, I’ll keep on praying for the Philippines and my fellow countrymen!


No comments:

Post a Comment