Monday, May 7, 2012

Catching Up


Wow, it's been a long time since I last updated this blog. I know it's already summer and there's no reason for me not to update. But you see, I was quite actually busy the past few weeks. Let me make it up to you and fill you in with what had happened in my life recently.

I want to start this up with a wonderful news. I passed all of my subjects last semester! Ah, it's old news but just thinking about it makes me feel euphoric. Though, all my grades were mediocre but still I passed and that's all that matters to me. And even if my grades were low, my GWA still managed to make it on the passing limit. Hooray! I'm so proud to share this news with you guys. It's better late than never, ayeah? :)

Good news always come with a bad news. My mom got sick recently. It was bad. I won't go into details anymore because everytime I think about it, I can't help but cry. But don't you worry, she's doing well now. I'm still praying that she will fully recover already because I can't stand seeing her so weak. If it's not too much to ask, could you please pray for her also? It'd mean so much to me and my family. Thanks.

And now, the reason why I've been busy lately is because I was working in a call center just for a summer job. I thought it was a great way to spend my summer. At first it was, training was so much fun especially I was enjoying it with my new found friends but when the real work starts(by that, I mean the actual answering of calls), I was so stressed out. I kind of regret applying for this job. You might ask why I did like what people in our house keep on asking-kind-of-blaming me, it's because  I was supposed to work there with my friends because we really wanted to earn some moolah this summer so that we could spend it on anything w e want to buy and also to start a small business. Sadly though, only 2 out of 5 of us passed and that was me and one of my friends. But then this friend of mine was underaged so she was asked to back-out just the day before training starts. Obviously, I was left alone. But I still went on with it because it'd be a waste if I won't push through with it. Everything was fine until like what I've said earlier, I started taking calls. It's just so frustrating to talk to foreigners who are so irate. They even sometimes degrade you for your nationality just because they can't understand your accent. I usually am calm handling situations like these but i never thought my patience won't last for a long time in this industry. It  was a nightmare for me working as a call center agent. I'm so surprised how some people could last in that field. This job is definitely not for me. So last Saturday night, I texted my trainor that I wanted to resign because I could not take it anymore but then he said I shouldn't give up. But I really really wanted to resign already so what I did now is I didn't show up to work. I was supposed to be working right now, but then here I am trying to catch up with you guys. To be honest, I don't know what will happen to me now. I mean, what consequences would it cause me because of my absence without leave. I don't have any plans on going back to that office nor in that industry. Whatever happens, I know that I have my family to back me up. They would never leave me. And most especially, God is always with me. He will never forsake me, this I know.

I know you may think that I'm a quitter. Yes, I did quit but it's only because that job was boring me out of my wits and it would give me a heart attack anytime. Everything happens for a reason and I've learned what reason God wants me to learn. It's to do what you love without expecting anything in return because if you do something you don't love, you won't be able to grow. You won't push yourself to do better because it does not appeal to you. So make sure that what you're doing is something you really love doing. This lesson I will always keep in mind and it will come in handy in the near future when I'm already working. It would help me figure out what I really want to do for the rest of my life.

So, that's it for a catch up post. I guess, I'll be a full time blogger as of now since I'm idle and got no work to do. Ah, I really missed this. Why have I decided to stress myself out? It's summer! I should be stress free! School's starting anytime soon so I better make the most out of my remaining days of summer!

'Til my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment