Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Star-spotting summer

Philippine Fashion Week has recently ended and I must say that this season was so star-studded! Popular clothing brands here in the Philippines have brought international celebs and top models for their show. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch any of the runway shows during PFW. But luckily, I still got to see Ian Somerhalder(Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries), Allison Harvard and Dominique Reighard(America's Next Top Model) in flesh! Now let me tell you about my star-spotting adventure.

Ian Somerhalder for PENSHOPPE / Mall of Asia / May 24, 2012
Ian Somerhalder went to MOA to meet his fans just before he bids farewell to the Philippines for now(Yes, for now. I'm really hoping he'll come back soon although I doubt that since he's going to be busy taping again for his American TV show, The Vampire Diaries).

1) Ian told the fans, "No pushing!" as soon as he got up on stage. It's your fault, Ian! You got all of us screaming and pushing right then and there! Ha ha.
2) Eri Neeman was the host for that 30-minute event and he got to interview Ian Somerhalder. He asked Ian if what quality a lady should have and Ian answered it's her smartness. And the crowd went "Awwww!". 
3) These lucky b*tches won in Twitter and they got to have a photo-op with Ian.
4) And....a KISS from him!!! I'm so jealous I could grab their hairs and throw them in the air. No, just kidding! But seriously, I'm jealous. Bite me next time, Ian!
5) Ian giving the crowd a flying kiss before leaving.

Ah it was so wonderful seeing him in person even though I was so far away from the stage since I got there only an hour before it started. But still, I saw him and that's what matters. Such a fan girl, I know.

Allison Harvard & Dominique Reighard for BENCH / Meet & Greet at Trinoma Main Atrium /  May 26, 2012
Ever since I've watched them in America's Next Top Model, I've been a big fan of theirs especially of Allison Harvard. I was so deeply affected when she didn't win for the second time(All-star cycle). But then again it was fated so that she would come here in the Philippines to be the face of Michael Cinco's Impalpable perfume.

1) Allison and Dominique just came out. The M&G started out half an hour late! But then again, it was worth the wait! At first I was at the 2nd floor but they were far away so even though it was already too crowded at the first floor I still went for it. A little push here and there is what it takes to get near them. Ah, the things I do for fandom!
2) I love this shot I took. It seems to be telling a story like the Coco Rocha episode during the All-star Cycle.
3) Allison doing a silly face and Dominique waving at her fans. She likes to wave a lot! Ha ha.
4) Lucky fans who won in Twitter(Why don't I win? *sniffs*) got to have a photo-op AND an autograph from Allicat & Dominique.
5) Hardcore fan crying just because she saw Allison. Whoa! And I thought I'm already hardcore. Ha ha.


6) Photo-op with Allicat! I'm jelly. *sniffs*
7) Photo-op with Dominique. Can you see the struggle of getting a good shot? Ha ha.
8) Allicat dancing. Put yo hands up in the air! Sooooo adorbs!!!
9) Dominique waving. Told you so she loves to wave.
10) Allison and Dominique doing their thing. Posing for the cameras before they left the venue.

It was so nice to see Allison in person! I'm just so happy I could tear up and cry then puke rainbows and butterflies. Hu hu! She was waving at our part and I think she's looking at me directly and keep telling us that it was so hot and I just can't help but shout that it's because she was so hot. Ha ha!

Sorry for the poor quality shots, though. You have to understand, there was a lot of pushing involved and they were only in a platform and not a stage and it's excruciatingly hard trying to get a good angle while my arms are super stretched to its limit. But it's all good with me since I saw them in flesh anyways. Ha!

Oh and a funny story, some people pushed me so hard they don't even know who Allison and Dominique is. Ugh. I even overheard someone said, "Uyyy, si J.Lo! Sino 'yung blond?!"(Heyyyy, it's J.Lo! But, who's the blond girl with her?!) Seriously, people?! The way na manulak kayo, MASAKIT! Ha ha ha ha.

A shot I took of Allicat. A little bit of editing then voila, instant fanart. Love her!
I feel like a total fangirl and I'm lovin' it! Hoping to see more celebs in the future! This experience motivated me to work on my dreams and maybe someday, I'll be the one people would want to see and would shout for my name! 

Dream BIG.

P.S: Thank you, Bench & Penshoppe for bringing these stars here in the Philippines! You have no idea how this made some of our dreams came true. Great job!

P.P.S: Thanks to Twitter for keeping me updated about the whereabouts of these celebs who came in the Philippines for about a week or two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment