Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Get back on my reading track


I haven't finished reading the third installment of the Shopaholic series due to my loss of enthusiasm, but then I started to read yet another book. You see, I do want to get back on my reading track, to read all the books I can this summer before school starts taking most of my time again. So, au revoir to chic lits for now and hello to a self-help book which dropped on the floor out of nowhere, "The Power of Receiving" by Amanda Owen.


 I don't know what is happening to me but I'm not absorbing anything in this book aside from the fact that we should not only tire ourselves in giving but we should also immense ourselves in receiving. I'm really trying my best to get back on my reading track again but picking up a book is already taking so much effort to do. What is up with me? Working did drain all my energy up. But so far, I'm actually enjoying this book and hopefully when I'm done reading, I could say that even if I struggled at first I was still able to learn something from it.

Oh, and after reading this, I'm planning to read another self-help book, "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" by John Gray. Have you heard about that book? It's quite a popular self-help one. If you happen to have already read it, comment away your thoughts about that book. Or maybe, I should really finish reading "Shopaholic Ties The Knot" already? Or better yet, start with a new series. Plum series perhaps? Ugh, my indecisiveness is killing me. So many books to read, so little time indeed!

'Til my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment